Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2017 8:06:44 AM EDT
I have this lever and since new and over time the lever wobbled.

Well I Googled the issue and came across a fix.

Put a small O-ring between the two pieces that attach to the bolt release paddle.  This size about the same as the one used for the ejection spring.

Now the only play in the lever is from the paddle itself.   The use of the BAD lever is very precise with minimal play.

mm
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Take that crap off your rifle, bro.

If you ever really run that gun hard, like in a rigorous carbine course, it will cause more issues than it solves.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Please describe the issues.  I haven't had any problems with it.   It reduces time to release bolt, streamlines the process.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never had one come loose, but since I do not use the extractor o-rings I now have a potential use for the ones lying around.
I have never had a problem with mine and I have used several of them.
Some posts of problems, but since mine all work I have never been able to troubleshoot to see what may be the cause.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you ever really run that gun hard, like in a rigorous carbine course, it will cause more issues than it solves.

YMMV
View Quote
Like what? Not sure what could go wrong. You can still use the bolt release from the side of the receiver if all else fails. Or the charging handle for that matter

I've never seen one cause any problems so I'm trying to imagine how that would happen
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I think my problem was the screw was a little loose.   Added blue Loctite and O-Ring.   Working fine now.

I was thinking about adding a small nylon washer where the native bolt catch sits in the bracket on the lower.  But noticed that the bolt catch needs a little wobble since it contacts the hammer.  This necessary?

mm
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Like what? Not sure what could go wrong. You can still use the bolt release from the side of the receiver if all else fails. Or the charging handle for that matter

I've never seen one cause any problems so I'm trying to imagine how that would happen
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

If you ever run your rifle with gloves it's pretty easy to inadvertently lock your bolt back.

It's a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you ever run your rifle with gloves it's pretty easy to inadvertently lock your bolt back.

It's a pain in the ass.
View Quote
Ah makes sense, I might have to try that out and see if I have the same issue
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I lived in WI and pew pew in the winter with gloves.  No issues.  Granted this was range time not CBQ or SHTF.

mm
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a pain in the ass.
During my first trip to DARC a few years ago I had a BAD lever on my carbine.  A few guys made mention of it... I blew them off.

By the middle of day two, I was asking everyone if they had Allen wrenches.

After about the third time it fucked my carbine up, I'd had enough.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:28:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmm.  Different strokes and all that.  I take multiple carbine classes and instructor courses every year and have yet to ever have a single malfunction due to their use.  I much prefer them as it makes everything easier and faster.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I got the Troy BAD, much better attachment design.  

mm
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top