Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2015 8:17:19 PM EDT
Looking for info on a upper I'm buying. It's labeled as a 5.56 MP 1:9. It's a custom built Carbine upper and I'm just trying to nail down a Manufacturer if possible. Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
We're going to need a lot more than that. Link to the website selling it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a local sale. It's a Carbine Length gas system with an M203 Cut and just marked 5.56 MP 1:9. Everything checks out and looks good on the upper, and I imagine the barrel would be fine just want to nail down a manufacturer. Very sorry, but this is all the info I could find.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
you're just going to have to buy it trusting it's good. Anything the seller can't tell you won't be easy to learn. Needs to be a good price - you're local to PSA and could get a nice upper (eventually) for a hell of a price.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'm just going to take the plunge on this one and trust the barrel is good. It has all the upper qualities I want (quad rails with three covers, forward assist and dust cover) and includes a BCG and Charging Handle for 330 OTD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:40:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looking for info on a upper I'm buying. It's labeled as a 5.56 MP 1:9. It's a custom built Carbine upper and I'm just trying to nail down a Manufacturer if possible. Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks!
View Quote

Mosin-Marauder,

From what little you describe it looks like it's a S & W "MP" barrel??? Check and see at least if it's chrome bored. Conventional barrels are usually not chrome bored. If it is then at least you can take in comfort it's a higher end barrel.

Impala
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked it up yesterday and saw it is actually marked "L MP 5.56 NATO 1/9".

Any ideas? As I said it's a M4 Profile Barrel, 16", and is parkerized.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked it up yesterday and saw it is actually marked "L MP 5.56 NATO 1/9".

Any ideas? As I said it's a M4 Profile Barrel, 16", and is parkerized.

Thanks for any help.
View Quote

It's made by "L"
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top