Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:19:04 PM EDT
Hi,
Could I get some of you troubleshooters to take a look at this. Another member is in the middle of an 80% build, Others and I have been trying to help him out. He needs some heavyweight guidance. Thanks. -W

Build it yourself thread
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Dano. I appreciate your help. I suspect he'll be along soon. I hope he's not frustrated with his project.  My solution for him didn't work, and I'm hoping I can at least lead him to his solution. Thanks again. -William
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#3]
POSTED IN OTHER THREAD ALSO

It seems that the back of the trigger is not dropping down enough to allow the safety to function properly. There are three possible problems causing this.

First is that the FCG pocket needs to be deepened at that point to allow the back of the trigger drop further down.

Second is that the hole for the trigger in the bottom of the FCG needs to be lengthened at the front to allow the trigger to drop further down.

Third, when drilling and tapping the hole for the pistol grip screw, it caused a burr  on the floor of the FCG pocket which is not allowing the back of the trigger to drop,
or the pistol grip screw is protruding though the hole in the bottom of the FCG pocket and not allowing the trigger to drop completely.  You can test for this by simply unscrewing the pistol grip screw a couple of turns and see if that fixes the problem.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top