Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2015 4:41:53 AM EDT
I recently bought a Daniel Defense m4v7.  I haven't shot it yet and was just checking everything and testing a few things. Is it normal for rounds to sometimes fail to eject when you rack charging handle back and forth to cycle rounds.  If I have a full magazine at least 1 or 2 rounds won't eject.  Havent shot it yet to see if this happens when you actually fire it.  Sorry for the newbie question this is my first AR.  I also have cleaned all the factory grease off and re oiled everything with Slip 2000.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Possibly, especially if the bolt isn't fully locking into place.  Are you riding the charging handle forward or are you pulling it back and releasing?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If the bolt doesn't fully close forward, the extractor won't engage the cartridge rim.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
it's probably not a good idea to play with live ammo in the rifle.  very good choice for 1st rifle, just get some snap caps for it and keep the ammo out of reach of children.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on that. I have this rifle, but this is not unique to DD. If your bolt isnt going all the way home, the extractor isnt grabbing on correctly. CH lubed well? Make sure you arent "riding it home" as stated; let it fly.
Also not a fan of cycling live ammo out of a gun if i can help it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually let it fly home and try not to ride it.  I don't normally mess with live rounds just wanted to see how it cycled.  I'll just actually shoot it and make sure it's good to go.  I pretty sure the bolt was always the closed.  Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, look at the rounds you've hand-cycled.  Do you see dimples in the primers?  That's from the firing pin actually striking the primers.  This can cause detonation.

I'm not busting your balls, because I've done it.  Fortunately, nothing happened to me, either.  We just don't want you to be a statistic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, look at the rounds you've hand-cycled.  Do you see dimples in the primers?  That's from the firing pin actually striking the primers.  This can cause detonation.

I'm not busting your balls, because I've done it.  Fortunately, nothing happened to me, either.  We just don't want you to be a statistic.
View Quote

I just went and looked at that.  I won't be doing that anymore. I didnt realize it did that.  Thanks for the heads up.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top