Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2014 1:25:44 PM EDT
A couple of months ago after a range trip, I was dropped one of my rifles in my garage.  Shortly after I noticed the stock would not extend at all.  It won't move one bit.  I can't do anything with it.  Tried everything I could to remove the stock, but no love.

Wondering if anyone has any advise for me. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you unlock it?

I got the ACS and it seems to have the same lock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you unlock it?

View Quote
Is that like, "are you sure it's plugged in"?

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you unlock it?

View Quote

Not sure about the lock. Are you talking about the lock that's gets pulled vertically to slide the stock off?  I have definitely tried that, more times than I can count.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not sure about the lock. Are you talking about the lock that's gets pulled vertically to slide the stock off?  I have definitely tried that, more times than I can count.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you unlock it?

Not one one to move the stock. It's the lever at the front that folds flat. Sorry cant do pics. Not since 2001
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not one one to move the stock. It's the lever at the front that folds flat. Sorry cant do pics. Not since 2001
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you unlock it?

It unlocks itself when you pull the lever.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
My bad, the ACS does'nt.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]
My apologies, this is a Magpul MOE stock. I have tried every conceivable way to remove this thing, short of a hammer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My apologies, this is a Magpul MOE stock. I have tried every conceivable way to remove this thing, short of a hammer.
View Quote

I also got a MOE but never took it off. If it's like my other dont you use a bullet? In the hole thingy
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Pull down on the 2 metal pins sticking out from the lever used to move the stock,
it's hard to grip and do, and slide the stock off to the tube while holding those down.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pull down on the 2 metal pins sticking out from the lever used to move the stock,
it's hard to grip and do, and slide the stock off to the tube while holding those down.
View Quote

I tried that numerous times, to no avail. Maybe having a friend pull the stock while I pull the metal pins down will work.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top