Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2013 4:36:18 AM EDT
I just sighted in my new XM15 this weekend and have a question on the front sight height.  I was shooting about 2 feet high at 100yds.  I performed the "improved battlesight" procedure on the rear sight so I had it set to 6/3 -6 when shooting from 100yds.  The front sight is now turned out so far that the locking pin is barely making contact.which was needed to target about 1" high at 100yds.

Is this normal or are there some other adjustments needed to lower the front sight?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You're running into the issue with non-F marked FSB and a carry handle rear, right?

Look into a taller front sight post:  A2 Front Sight Post for flattop Colts:
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=21

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes thats it.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I wonder if the factory will put the correct "F" FSB on for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It's only 40/1000ths.  It only adds a couple clicks.  Swap the sight and call it done.  Not worth all that for a new FSB.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top