Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:29:09 PM EDT
- i have an 14.5 yhm upper  and yhm bcg with mid length gas tube. started noticing the shell that get ejected out of my ar15  has feed ramp  like marking??

- i have AN 18 in JD upper with dpms bcg , ar10 .i notice there a  indentation scratch on bcg possible from feed ramp??

PLEASE HELP IM BUMMED!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
- i have an 14.5 yhm upper  and yhm bcg with mid length gas tube. started noticing the shell that get ejected out of my ar15  has feed ramp  like marking??

What does this mean?

- i have AN 18 in JD upper with dpms bcg , ar10 .i notice there a  indentation scratch on bcg possible from feed ramp??

What does this mean?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, would you be more comfortable conversing in your native tongue? I'm sure we have someone else here who can help you out better than we are able.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
AR15 ISSUE-THE SHELL CASING HAS A IMAPCT MARK FROM SOMTHING DURING CYCLE BY NECK OF CASING..
AR10 ISSUE-THE BCG HAS A DEEP SCRTCH ON BOLT
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
AR15 ISSUE-THE SHELL CASING HAS A IMAPCT MARK FROM SOMTHING DURING CYCLE BY NECK OF CASING..

By any chance do you have photos?

If the AR15 cases have a dent in the neck after ejection, that's not terribly abnormal.  IIRC it's from the case mouth hitting the deflector.  About all you can do is play with buffer weights, maybe ejector or extractor springs to alter the trajectory of empty cases during the ejection sequence.  Photo of damaged cases and description of rifle configuration would be helpful.

No idea on the AR10... photo would be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

By any chance do you have photos?

If the AR15 cases have a dent in the neck after ejection, that's not terribly abnormal.  IIRC it's from the case mouth hitting the deflector.  About all you can do is play with buffer weights, maybe ejector or extractor springs to alter the trajectory of empty cases during the ejection sequence.  Photo of damaged cases and description of rifle configuration would be helpful.

No idea on the AR10... photo would be helpful.

OK THANKS I WILL HAVE PICTURE UP TOMORROW.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top