Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 4:32:47 AM EDT
I recently picked up a Stag M8 (like just a few weeks ago). It came with a metal GI mag, and I wanted to ...alright, self-admitted tacticool junkie. I wanted PMags. I bought four of them new in the wrapper from my LGS. Couldn't tell you the manufacturing date. I tested each of them both empty and loaded and they all dropped free up to about 45 degrees off vertical. No problems. I finally made it to the range (outdoor, in FL, ~95 degrees) and ran a full 30 rounds through each mag (still dropped free). The next evening after a thorough cleaning and re-lubing, I started dry-firing practice and none of the PMags dropped free! The GI mag still does, but the PMags don't. I loaded one up with 30 rounds, and it still wouldn't drop free. I had to forcibly yank each one out. I know (googled) that early PMags had problems in some lowers and a little bit of sanding on the mags cures the problem. In this case, the mags did drop free. Did the magwell shrink, or did the pmags permanently expand? Is it worth my time to sand down the mags, or should I try to exchange them?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Check to make sure there isn't any gunk in the mag-well thats holding up the mag release. See if there are any drag marks on the mag, could help indicate where and why they are not dropping free.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top