Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/22/2011 9:09:09 PM EDT
I purchased a used AR and installed the used upper on a new lower and have been having some issues.  The gun jams about every 5 rounds and the ammo cases seem to be very dirty with fouling. I also noticed the gun seems very loud compared to other AR15's. I'm assuming there is so much fouling that things just aren't functioning properly in the upper. The gun was cleaning prior to going shooting so I know it wasn't old fouling left behind.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The ammo is new and the cases are covered with fouling after shooting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What brand of ammo, and specifics on it.

Also, answer to the other questions as well.

+1, and the config. of the upper
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#5]
The gun jams about every 5 rounds

More details on the specific malfunction please.  Does the fired brass extract from the chamber.  Does it eject out of the ejection port?  Next round out of the mag feed into the chamber?  

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
My rule when checking other guns is I clean frist then while cleaning I look for problems and then try it again if still the same problem then I look for obvious problems and trouble shoot...... Always start with a clean gun....
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top