Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2010 3:25:19 AM EDT
I have a very new Double Star lower that when I first received it, the bolt would rarely lock back on an empty magazine. I replaced the original bolt catch/magazine release with one from a Daniel Defense LPK, and had no issues with the magazine locking back or locking back on an empty magazine.

Tonight I pulled the rifle out and was going to adjust the scope, but I noticed the bolt will not lock to the rear. If I place a new PMAG in the rifle, it will lock back on an empty magazine, but once the magazine is released, the bolt flies forward.

Looking at the bolt catch/magazine release, I can see wear along the top edge, but it doesn't look to be worn to the point of not holding the bolt back.

Also, it does not matter what magazines I use, PMAGS and or GI style, they all have the same result.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 4:35:02 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont mean to insult your abilities and i dont your level of experience, but are you sure that you're locking the bolt back FULLY to the rear?  sounds like you may be locking it back partially.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#3]
PROBLEM SOLVED:  

I had recently placed a MagPul PRS on the rifle, and the buttstock screw was too long and was not allowing the bolt to be pulled far enough back to lock.  Easy fix, I trimmed the buttstock screw and the rifle now functions properly.  Glad it was an easy fix.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top