Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2010 9:11:10 AM EDT
Hey folks, what kind of recoil buffer do i need, im putting a collapsible stock on my 20in barrel AR,

so i was wondering do i need a standard buffer or a heavy buffer?

Thanks,
Flyer
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard should work fine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info,

Flyer
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2010 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Clarify your terminology like the other poster said.  Standard weight, vs rifle buffer, vs carbine buffer.
Collapsible stock will require a carbine buffer
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Clarify your terminology like the other poster said.  Standard weight, vs rifle buffer, vs carbine buffer.
Collapsible stock will require a carbine buffer

... and a carbine length spring.... very important.
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Milspec carbine receiver extension, carbine spring and standard carbine buffer on the way from Bravo Company.

My son actually posted the question and these parts are going on his 20" Bushmaster along with one of the Vltor stocks
that were on sale at Bravo Company.

I guess it will look sort of like a C7 with an Eotech. It should be interesting and I'll try to get him to post
a pic when he is done with it.

Thanks for the help guys,

EMSflyer
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top