Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2010 5:33:13 PM EDT
Today I took my new CMMG out and after about a hundred rounds, the gun locked up. After taking it apart, I find that one of my gas rings has deformed and was hanging up. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this problem?
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
- Check the interior of the carrier for defects that might cause the rings to hang up. Nothing detected......
- Replace the remaining two rings with a set of three new rings.
- Lube the new rings after assembly, and see if this corrects the problem.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
There seems to be no problems inside the BCG. I ordered a single ring to replace all three today.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you applying plenty of lubricant on the gas rings before installing the bolt inside the bolt carrier ?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Plenty of lube,
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been wondering what happens when a ring does not have enough of a gap installed. It seems logical that as the ring heats up the gap closes, if for whatever reason the gap goes to zero something would have to give.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top