Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2009 7:51:44 PM EDT
Did a search for this, couldn't find anything - hope someone has some insight.

I have two ARs - a CavArms carbine with a stock trigger, and a Bushy / RRA middy with a Bushy DCM 2-stage trigger. The CavArms never has a problem shooting anything I feed it, and the Bushy never has a problem with civvy loads, but as soon as I give it some South African / SS109 / M855 / mil surp it starts to misfire. Not every time, not even every other time. Sometimes it'll be four in a row, sometimes once in a mag. Sometimes I can reload the round and it'll fire, sometimes not. The round isn't bad 'cause like I said sometimes it'll fire if I load it again, and then if I put it in the CavArms it'll always fire.

So my question is, is it just my trigger? Should I avoid the mil surp stuff in this rifle or can this problem be remedied? I'm not sure if this trigger is adjustable; Bushy website doesn't really specify, and I'm not sure what to look for.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Chances are it's not the trigger, but the lighter hammer spring

This

Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not as impressed with the stock 2 stage in my Bush-hamster Varminter as I am with the Bill Springfield 4# in my Spike's lower.

Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the hammer spring installed correctly?  Can you post a pic of the inside of your lower?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushy put the lower together, so I hope it's in there right! I'll post some pics later. This is actually the lower off of a Bushy Varminter, and if I had the $$ I'd buy a new trigger, but right now I need to fix it on the cheap. If I need a new hammer spring, should I go Wolff? Any better options?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Bushy put the lower together, so I hope it's in there right! I'll post some pics later. This is actually the lower off of a Bushy Varminter, and if I had the $$ I'd buy a new trigger, but right now I need to fix it on the cheap. If I need a new hammer spring, should I go Wolff? Any better options?
Isn't the heavier spring that S&W includes in the AR-5.45 kit a Wolff spring?  I'd assume that it might be a reasonable place to start.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top