Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:01:24 PM EDT
I have a  Sabre Defense factory built complete M5 tactical upper 14.5 and a high standard factory complete lower.  When I shoot single shots the gun shoots fine, but when I start squeezing off multiple rounds of 2 or more the thing jams up almost all the time now.  Some times stove pipe sometimes double feed sometime a combo.  This is my first AR.  I found some grit underneath the extractor so I thought the carrier/bolt being dirty was the problem. So I took it a part (like I have done many times before) the bolt and carrier completely -minus the gas key, cleaned it all up, lubed with light weight oil (hoppes) but still has same problem.  It just started two weeks ago.  Weapon has about 800 rounds through it.  Problems started at about 700 round count.  First started while shooting off my rail bipod.

Also just noticed about same round count weapon fires last round and no longer locks the bolt back?  Happens on both my pmag and my brownells milspec with the CS spring and magpul follower.

Help welcomed to assist with the fix.  Most pressing is the extraction/fee/jam issues.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  that easy.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh just remembered, this all started after using S&W CLP.  It gummed everything all up once it got hot.  Did the same thing in my G3.  It looked like I had put glue in it.  sticky yucky mess.  Kept slowing the bolt carrier down.  Shows you why they give it out free at the LE shows.

That was why I switched back to the hoppes it does not gum up when hot.  I worked on the weapon tonight and used M-Pro 7 CLP instead (had it on hand, worth a try).  Will buy some Breakfree CLP next week when I make it to the store.  

The B/C is wet for sure.  I will hit the range this weekend and try it out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top