Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2009 6:20:40 AM EDT
make a long story short......was at the range....magazine was over inserted. Now the bolt catch flops in the breeze. The bolt catch plunger and spring are not operating as they should. I removed the bolt catch but the plunger and spring won't come out. How do I remove it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tapped the receiver on your workbench?  Blown it with compressed air?  Tried anything?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you over compressed the boltcatch spring and a coil may have wrapped on itself so now the spring is permanently compressed.

Tap on the side as stated above with a block of wood and try to dislodge it.
if that doesn;t work you'll have to remover the roll pin.
If you remove the roll pin make sure to lubicate the bolt catch plunger when you reassemble it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
yea i tried the block thing and it is just plain stuck. I am thinking the the spring has come up around the plunger and is preventing it from being raised past a certain point.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
just thought i would let you all know that i fixed my problem. I kept spraying rem oil and wd-40 on the plunger while i had it depressed and i let it sit a while, then went back out to the garage and worked the plunger up and down.  Did this about 4 times and finally it released. Thanks for trying to help me guys.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top