Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/30/2009 10:23:48 PM EDT
I was shooting my build at the range the other day and the trigger pin started walking out - or so I thought. I just kept pushing it back in and kept shooting.

Well, decided I didn't like that, so I order the KNS non-rotating pin set.

Today I sat down to install the pin set and as I was pushing out the trigger pin, it popped out but the new pin didn't seat and the trigger assembly went all out of alignment.

So I'm looking at this really really short trigger pin - that I didn't remember being so short when I realize that it's only half the pin and the other half is still in the trigger assembly.

I had to disassemble more than I was planning, but got it all back together with the KNS pin set. Functioning appears correct - will see when I go shoot it for sure.

Has anyone else experienced a trigger pin failure after such a low round count?

It was from a DPMS lower parts kit.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
And people flame me when I say I don't like DPMS LPKs...
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear that some DPMS stuff ain't made in the US.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
had a dpms pin walk out of the trigger yesterday. i may have to invest in a kns anti walk pins.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top