Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:16:39 PM EDT
I was shooting a customer's SWI AR47 to find out why it was short cycling. Cured that by  proper lubrication. Ran 2 mags with no problems, on the 3rd mag the trigger stopped resetting. I'd have to pull on the trigger 2 or 3 times before it would reset. popped the rear pin and looked inside to see a small spring loose in there. It's .056 dia. and about .35 oal. On half it's lenght the coils were crushed flat so it's original lenght was shorter. Took it out and ran a couple more mags through with out any stoppages. I can't figure out where this spring came from. Both pin and safety detents are working. The safety has 4 threaded screw thru the barrel, 3 flush and 1 that protrudes about .75. Any idea what it's function is? thanks roben.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/lowerKit.gif

*RIght Click, Save as..........

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It may be incorrect that it is even supposed to be a part of his AR.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you're right. All those parts are there, this spring  is shorter and much smaller in dia. than even the selector spring. Now if I can just figure out what is the deal is with this threaded stud sticking out of the selector. I tried removing it but it is threaded inside and out. I can't believe he paid $1500 for this abortion. thanks roben.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a BM or a Compass Lake selector from a two stage trigger.  Does the spring fit inside the threaded set screw in the selector?  If that was a CLE selector there would be a small detent, a spring & a very small set screw inside that threaded set screw.  Got a pic of the selector??

Does it look anything like this?

CLE trigger

mince

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I will name it Barry. Or Clyde. I would love to name someone Scyzanemoich but its a really bizarre spelled name.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks dmince, That is the trigger! roben.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Is that were the spring is from? (inside the set screw)

mince
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
That spring does fit the inside ID of that set screw If so It's missing what ever then screws in to put tension on the spring. That blow up doesn't show that. roben.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
small detent < spring < sm set screw.  All this goes into the screw in the selector.

Is the sm detent still in the scew?  It rests against the disconnector.

mince
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
dmince, The detent is still in there, so that's where that spring came from. Was there something that screwed into the outer end to provide tension for the spring? roben.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.  A very small set screw.

mince
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#13]
sounds like it is the takedown pin retainer pin/spring. they may have been put in wrong order. you beat the takedown pin out, sheared the spring off and the detent pin is still in there. you probably have to take the grip off to see where the pin/
spring goes (hole) some guns you have to take the stock off to see the hole. when you reassenble put the pin in then the spring then the stock or grip. doug
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top