Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:30:09 PM EDT
Help! One of the set screws on my gas block is so tight that it is actually twisting my allen wrenches! It would have been done at DPMS and I guess they put permanent Loc-tite on it.
Does anyone know how to get this screw out? Is there something that will dissolve the loc-tite? I don't even know if that was used?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mark
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i have had to use heat. i bought a cheap butane pencil torch at harbor freight. you can pinpoint the heat with the small torch. can you see the color of the lock tite.red or green is very tough .  make sure you have got a good allen wrench that fits correct if you round it out you will be drilling it out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I got it. Red loc-tite.
Now I have a new problem. I can't get the hand guard to break free. I tried heating it also and damn near got a hernia trying to loosen it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top