Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 4:18:51 PM EDT
Just today traded for my first AR type rifle.  Cavarms lower, bushy upper.  

Took it home, and my wife comments that something fell off the rifle.  It's the trigger pin.  Put it back in, but it keeps on sliding out.  

Only slides out when the safety is off.  

Any help?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the hammer spring ends on top of the trigger pin.  If not, then that is your problem.  The spring ends need to ride on top of the pin.  If the ends are too short, someone cut them in order to lighten the trigger pull.  In this case you will need a new spring.

Dave.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Are the hammer spring ends on top of the trigger pin.  If not, then that is your problem.  The spring ends need to ride on top of the pin.  If the ends are too short, someone cut them in order to lighten the trigger pull.  In this case you will need a new spring.

Dave.

Dave,

Yes, the spring is on top, but there appears to be a tube that the pin is inserted through.  For what it is worth, the trigger is a Chip McCormick one piece.

Thanks again.

Anymore ideas?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not too familiar with the Chip McCormick trigger, but is there supposed to be some sort of retaining spring or detent like that of the standard hammer.  The standard hammer has a spring that holds the pin in place.  I imagine it would be possible, and a good idea to design a trigger that also has such a feature if one wanted a tube to remove any side-play.

Dave.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
I'm not too familiar with the Chip McCormick trigger, but is there supposed to be some sort of retaining spring or detent like that of the standard hammer.  The standard hammer has a spring that holds the pin in place.  I imagine it would be possible, and a good idea to design a trigger that also has such a feature if one wanted a tube to remove any side-play.

Dave.

I have no idea.  This is my first AR, so I am kinda lost.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#5]
O.K. I googled it.  I found on Chip McCormick's site that oversized pins are needed.  You may need to contact them about getting a new pin, or find out how to fix it.  It looks to me as though there is a slight press fit into the trigger assembly---that is what holds the pin in place.

Dave.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
O.K. I googled it.  I found on Chip McCormick's site that oversized pins are needed.  You may need to contact them about getting a new pin, or find out how to fix it.  It looks to me as though there is a slight press fit into the trigger assembly---that is what holds the pin in place.

Dave.

Thanks Dave.

Sent them an email, hopefully I can this taken care of soon.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Turns out the standard sized pins were used, so McCormick is going to send me some new ones, in addition to replacing my trigger.  
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top