Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 6:16:17 PM EDT
I have a 16 inch heavy barreled A1 upper which I installed on a old Sendra lower I have had for years. I installed it and noted some play in the front hinge. When fully installed I noticed that the upper was very snug with little or no play. The problem occured while at the range today. I noticed the front hinge pin would start to come out, sometimes quite a bit. I think the front hinge pin is either undersized or the pin hole is getting oversized due to use.

What can I do to fix this issue?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Replace the pivot pin, spring, and detent. And while you have things apart, clean out  the hole in the lower where the spring and detent go with some brake cleaner. Blow out the hole with a shot of compressed air. There may be some fossilized oil/dirt in the hole which is gumming things up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top