Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:57:39 PM EDT
Hello all,

I having a minor issue with my iron sights. Maybe it's nothing but I'll ask it here and you guys can flame me if necessary.

So...Rifle specs:

Oly arms lower
RRA CAR A4 upper - brand new
A.R.M.S. #40L BUIS
Stock A2 on front
EOTech 552 on a Larue ECOS mount
Soon to have 6-24X scope on a Larue SPR 1.93 (waiting on mount)

While sighting in the gun today, I noticed I had to go about 10 clicks left on the rear sight. I know that's not a ton, but it's more than I've ever had to go with any iron sight before. I realize that the A.R.M.S. is a flip up sight, so it can't be as solid as a stationary sight.

So here's why I think I may have caused this issue...if it's even an issue.
I installed a GG&G Free Floater Forearm on the gun recently.

I was very careful when I put the barrel back on but could I have canted it slightly to the left when I was tightening the barrel ??? I noticed the pin\ slot for the barrel was very snug, which I thought was a good thing.

The adjustment I made with the rear sight is minimal, but I'd like to know my barrel isn't canted

So what do you think?

Thanks for any assistance,

Jon
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So it's shooting way further to the left than it was originally zeroed?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. About 6-8 inches to the left.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
i think you're fine. the likely culprit is your ARMS rear sight, not the barrel. this is especially true if the barrel pin was tight in the upper. if the rifle is functioning fine, then everything (FSB, gas tube) should be in spec.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks,
That's what I figured.
Just wanted to be sure i didn't screw anything up.

Jon
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top