Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2006 7:28:14 AM EDT
My son (son-in-law) has an AR with a lower that was made in Minn. The name appears to be Hesse. I have replaced the takedown pin, takedown detent and detent spring with new items, yet when I pull the takedown pin to its detent position to remove the bolt carrier, the takedown pin and detent fall out of the lower. Is this a "bad" lower or do I need to contact the manufacturer?? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick response. But the spring and detent have been installed correctly as I had reviewed the guide/lower assembly prior to replacing the items and also while installing the new ones. The takedown pin itself when in its pulled position shows the detent pin resting in the recessed portion of the takedown pin as normal. When you then pivot the upper open, causing the lower to jostle a bit, the takedown pin falls out of the side of the lower and the detent falls out of the hole where the takedown pin normally sits. It almost seems as if the takedown pin hole on the right side of the lower is too large.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

P.S. Guys, why do I always have to be the one that pisses on every ones parade. Just once, it would nice if someone else would step up once in a while to pull the trigger.  I understand that I took the job of being mod and all, but enough of these deathblows to the Newbies and no one will every being showing me the love.

But you do it so good!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Dano,
You didn't piss on this old GI's parade. I didn't buy that POS. I don't have these problems with my RRA. I may not have 6000+ posts, but I've been around for awhile. Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the MOD job meant you would step up to the plate when others couldn't or wouldn't. Thanks for the info, I guess my son-in-law will just have to buy a good stripped lower.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Dano,
You didn't piss on this old GI's parade. I didn't buy that POS. I don't have these problems with my RRA. I may not have 6000+ posts, but I've been around for awhile. Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the MOD job meant you would step up to the plate when others couldn't or wouldn't. Thanks for the info, I guess my son-in-law will just have to buy a good stripped lower.

5 paragraphs looks like he stepped up and nailed it,I doubt he got paid for his time.
Get a CMT lower and be happy.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top