Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 3:03:54 PM EDT
My friend pick up from an estate sale a Colt made AR with an A3 upper. The bolt fails to lock all the way back.It will lock back but not far enough. The bolt release just barely holds it and will release on it's own.When it does lock it is about a half inch short. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
As you can see, I'm a noob but I have been lurking for this answer for a couple of years.  Everything I've found has said there is a problem with the upper but this upper works fine on another lower.  Thanks for the explanation.  It must be too long a screw since if I back the butt stock screw out just 1/8", the bolt will lock back and hold.  Now how do I tell which butt stock is on my rifle. or where do I get a shorter butt stock screw?  The receiver extension spacer is present so that isn't the issue.
Thanks for any replies.  I knew it would be a simple solution, I just couldn't find it.

cb
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top