Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:11:01 PM EDT
I was cleaning my rifle today and I noticed that in front of the gas block on the barrel that there was a ring of exhaust leak all the way around the barrel about 1/8" wide in front of the gas block.  It stood out very clearly because I have a stainless barrel.  Is this normal or not??  The reason I'm asking is because the last time I was at the range every once in awhile the rifle would not chamber the next round after shooting.  I could pop off about 20 rds and then the next 4 wouldnt chamber correctly.  If  I pulled back on the charge handle it would load them manually.  It is a brand new DPMS upper.  Or am I just having problems until everything wears in since the upper is new??  I do have everything lubed up decently with CLP.  Today I gave it a really good cleaning with brake clean and relubed everything that moves.  Any information would be a great help.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top