Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 1:12:13 PM EDT
My 10.5 LMT has been reliable but I noticed the rate of fire often starts slow and goes faster as the magazine is completed.

I used a rate of fire-meter and it averaged just 650 RPM -- which I feel is on the slow side. My guess is that the slow rate of average fire is what makes it erratic.

LMT 10.5
Win Q3131 ammo
Wolff extractor spring
No o-ring
Colt spring
H-buffer (I think 3.7 ounce)

I am not sure how to speed up the rate of fire except to use a non-H buffer -- but then I would be worried about bolt bounce.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I forgot to say --

With a sound suppressor (AAC SCAR-SD) it ran at about 950 rpm

With a Noveske KX3 flash suppressor it ran at a consistent 750 rpm -- and was perfect.

So I would call the Noveske the fix -- it made it non-erratic -- except I want to keep the AAC flash hider on it and be able to use it with or without the sound suppressor. So I need another kind of fix.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top