Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:49:08 AM EDT
I have a new A2 upper.  It has consistent failure to feeds (50%+), as well as occassional failure to hold open (10%+) on empty mags, with one RRA lower (RRA two-stage NM trigger) but not with another RRA lower (single-stage trigger with JP 4.5lb springs).

It appears that the bolt carrier group has more drag on the first RRA lower compared to the other lower.  It seems that RRA two-stage hammer exerts more upward pressure on the BCG than the regular trigger.

Other uppers shoot/feed fine with both lowers.

This new upper does not have the bottom center of the BCG polished.

Would you recommend that I polish this as a first step to fixing the problem?  Or, should I start somewhere else?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top