Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:27:26 AM EDT
I just assembled an A2 rifle length and ran into a small issue. My first mag went in and fired fine except I noticed it failed to lock open. The second mag fed the first correctly then never fed again. At first I thought the round failed to fire. My immediate thought was the buffer and spring so I swapped a good lower and tried it again. No deal. So then I decided to go back to my orig. lower with a different bolt/carrier and it worked flawlessly. I then proceeded to put the bolt/carrier into a working rifle and got the same feed issue. So, that being said, is my problem lying with the bolt itself or the carrier? I'd rather not buy both again. Although I should call the supplier of the bolt/carrier and see what they'll do but my guess is that I'll get the same junk.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Aslo just noticed that I have one with the "incorrect" staking and in about 12 rounds one screw had backed of a bit and the gas block can move but only ever so slightly. Not sure if this could be the cuprit?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Aslo just noticed that I have one with the "incorrect" staking and in about 12 rounds one screw had backed of a bit and the gas block can move but only ever so slightly. Not sure if this could be the cuprit?

Yes, loose gas key screws will cause short stroking. Tighten the screws down to 40 inch pounds, stake them, and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That is your problem.

Proper repair is 2 new screws, torque to spec and stake.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top