Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:45:49 PM EDT
I suppose I should have asked first before ordering but....

I plan on replacing my half-circle unshrouded firing pin carrier that came with my 6920 with the above.

My 6920 has 600 rounds through it and I'd like to know if I can just swap out the units or would it be prudent to use my Colt bolt in the new carrier.  I can't imagine there would be any headspacing issues with so few rounds fired but if it's an issue my feelings will be moot.

Somewhat of a stupid question but would like opinions none-the-less.

I was hoping to get an answer from Tweak but just learned of that whole ordeal. (For Tweak and his family, not for me not being able to get the info from him.)

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I would use the Colt bolt.

rj
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies so far.

Let's say I get the carrier and swap the bolts.  How many trouble-free rounds with the new carrier do you believe it would take before I can have as much faith in the carbine as I do in its stock configuration?

I have another question, if using FA carriers in an SA Colt can cause reliability issues, why are Colt's currently coming stock with them.  (I realize its to speed their manufacturing by not having to manufacture two different styles of carriers but are people reporting the types of failures you describe, Dano, due to this type of carrier with any regularity?)

Thanks again,
Scott
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top