Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:17:30 PM EDT
I took my 14.5" upper I built for my m16 to the range today and put it on my SBR lower.  While I was shooting I noticed the brass was going out and to the front of the shooting location about 3 foot.  It wasn't flinging it like my other ar15's do.  I even had some brass coming out and hitting my wrist.  Is something wrong I should check out before putting it on my m16 lower?  I think if it's anything it could be the ejector spring.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure, you can try replacing the spring. No harm done, you can even try a Wolff extra power spring. It could also be an over gas/under gas problem, dirty bolt, or different ammo.
Diagnose, Replace, Overcome.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Did this upper pass a short stroking test?
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top