Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2006 2:41:25 PM EDT
I checked the FAQ's about doubling, but I didn't get a complete answer.

I'd like some advice before I start turning allen screws.

The equipment: Bushmaster Patrolmans Carbine, stock with the exception of a JP trigger and speed hammer.  

When I went through the setup at the workbench everything functioned properly.  
Screws were locktited and today, several weeks later, I got the chance to shoot.

About 80% of the time, after each shot as I released the trigger,
the hammer would drop again firing once more.  hock.gif  
Good thing I've got good muzzle control.  Both shots landed on target.  
But still, it's unacceptable & I can't let my wife or anyone else shoot it until I've solved this issue.

A good thing though:
It did not do any classic BAMBAM doubles.  Fun as those are, they certainly raise some eyebrows.  
Also, the hammer never failed to reset, that is, it never followed the bolt forward.  

The other 20% of the time, it functioned as it should.  Trigger resetting full-forward without another shot being touched off.  

This trigger has two adjustment allen screws, one far forward, and one to the rear.  

It ought to be just a matter of a 1/2 turn or so one way or another, but I thought I'd ask.

Thank you, -Kris
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Trigger  sear and disconnector are not properly adjusted

Have a gunsmith adjust it properly. I installed Jard's in my ar's and found they need close attention to instructions.

Mine tried that trick at first now run like a fine tuned AR-15............
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:47:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely a disconnector timing issue. Get the AR to a 'smith for repair. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
www.jardinc.com/IMAGES/MANUAL.PDF

Note: if this is a fixed unit, then it needs to go back to the factory to be corrected since the are not end user adjustable.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Note: if this is a fixed unit, then it needs to go back to the factory to be corrected since the are not end user adjustable.

Knowone has a JP not a jard. They are more complex than a jard to install correctly. A gunsmith is a good choice for this trigger system.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
disconnector timing issue
JP should of given you  a spare in the kit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
ok, lets give this another try,
www.jprifles.com/instructions/Rifle/JPFC-M.pdf

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#8]
this one is more fitting  JP speed hammer and trigger install.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Knowone has a JP not a jard. They are more complex than a jard to install correctly. A gunsmith is a good choice for this trigger system.

I agree with rambo1937 and Charles...

knowone,
Dont play around and get yourself into trouble... By law, that could be concidered an unregistered machine gun... Get it fixed ASAP...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, this one is sidelined until it's solved.

I've done lots of work on S&W revolvers and 1911's, so I'm not new to 'smithin', but the AR is certainly a different breed.

I figured out that I probably removed too much from the nose of the disconnector, and then didn't have enough sear engagement, or something...

Anyway, it's gonna see a 'doctor'.

Thanks for the help guys, -kris
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top