Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:06:28 PM EDT
I just received a new carbine length spring and checked to see if it's better than the other one. I put in a mag w/a round (bolt is held by bolt catch). Hit the bolt catch button and slam it went, now I tried pulling the CH to load another round the thing is stuck and I can't pull it at all. Now I have an upper w/a loaded round in there and I can't do anything...help please.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the Bolt completely forward???  Try hitting the forward assist.  My buddy took his AR apart then put it back together and for some reason unknown his got stuck and we couldn't get it loose.  I hit the forward assist and then everything released.  Drop the mag and try that.  If that doesn't work seperate the upper and lower and have someone pull on the latch side of the CH while you hit the other side with a rubber mallet or a block of wood and hammer.  The CH can take a good amount of abuse.  GL  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay the "hammer it" thing worked,  thanks Mr. Murphy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top