Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:29:26 PM EDT
The selector will move to safe but only with considerable force...force that shouldn't have to be applied.  Works fine in all other modes but acts up when bolt is locked back.

Any suggestions?

Nobby
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sort of a stupid response, but why are you moving your selector when your bolt is open?

I don't have my AR in front of me but here's something you can try. Separate your upper and your lower. On your lower, push down on the hammer and try to move the selector. This will simulate your BCG passing over your hammer and cocking it. You should be able to feel when the resistance builds up. Try to see what's rubbing against what and if it's a problem.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a dumb answer: I instinctively move the selector to "safe" after the last round is fired.   It's a safety precuation that ensures the rifle is safe when the first round of a fresh mag is chambered.  When I'm ready to fire, I simply move the selector to "fire" and presto.  

I will try your suggestion.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top