Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:19:42 PM EDT
I was looking for the holy sacred FAQ's but couldn't find them. Bring them back! I love those things!

At any rate, I've somehow managed to induce ejection  problems in my new AR-10. Mind you, it's always been a wee bit finicky about extracting factory Federal cases but, I've found that to not be terribly rare in gas guns and I don't think it has any bearing on my problem. When I say ejection problems I mean that only one round in five even makes it out the ejection port; and that one drops right below the gun.

It seems I've somehow managed to induce this problem myself. I pulled the ejector in order to use my RCBS Precision MIC to measure the chamber depth in prepartion for starting some hand loads. (Yes, the AR-10 is a new thing for me.) Re-assembled it (not exactly rocket surgery) and that's when the problems started.

The ejector moves nice and smoothly with seemingly adequate tension. The ejector face is flush not with the bolt fact but with the lower edge of the chamfer on the inside of the bolt mouth. The gun has all of about 100 total rounds through it. It ain't the gas. It locks the bolt back just fine.

I pulled the extractor out of frustration and everything at least looks strac. Extra little spring inside the main spring. Big ol O ring around the main spring.

Somebody wanna tell me how in the flaming f@#$%^k I managed to screw up installing an ejector?

Thanks in advance.

SD
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I can't solve your problem, but here are the FAQ's.  They are tacked under the title "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING".

Good luck.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top