Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2005 2:38:51 PM EDT
What would cause a 10.5 inch MRP upper to function perfectly on lower #1, and FtF most of the time on lower #2. Lower #2 functions fine with other uppers. The only difference is lower#1 standard trigger and lower#2 is RRA NM 2 stage. Buffers and springs are same and swapped between lowers. Bolts are M-16. Mags were checked in each and perform in other weapons flawless. What lower parts would contribute to this problem?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
does the other questionable lower work with other uppers?

check the distance of the bottom of the mag catch slot to the top of the lower and the width of the mag catch slot.

how does the FtF(eed?) manifest itself?

Tweak
Yes, the lower DOES work with another upper. I will check the measurements today. The Failure to Feed is occuring as the round starts to go up the feed ramp. It stops at feed ramp then when charging handle is pulled and released it feeds on up into chamber.
Thanks, Clippen
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
does the other questionable lower work with other uppers?

check the distance of the bottom of the mag catch slot to the top of the lower and the width of the mag catch slot.

how does the FtF(eed?) manifest itself?

Tweak-
The bottom of the mag catch slot to the top of the reciever is 2.4cm. Do you mean the wdth of the magwell, or pull mag catch and measure mag catch slot?
Thanks, Clippen
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Tweak I remeasured with better caliper and got  0.9390 to the best I can tell.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally got to work on this weapon again. I swapped out the trigger group, bolt catch assy. and the mag catch assy. not one FTF in three hundred rounds. One problem, it won't srtip the first round from a 30 round mag downloaded to 28, using the bolt release. It will finish the feed on the first charge with handle. This happened on all mags, everytime. What should I look for. Clippen
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top