Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 11:08:20 AM EDT
Could using the MGI buffer cause problems chambering the first round using the bolt release? Or would it be a recoil spring issue?

The round gets only partially out of the magazine. Tapping the foreward assist chambers the round. Problem occurs with various mags, whether fully loaded or partially depleted, all with Magpul followers.

No buffer binding detected, and after chambering the first round it will run fine and lock back when empty.

Not that it matters, but upper is rifle-length MRP with 14.5" CL barrel. Buttstock is Magpul M93B.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Well now at home I can't replicate the problem. Maybe the temperature was contributing to the problem. (46 degrees F, not too bad).

I put the old buffer back in and will see if the problem reoccurs at my 1/1/06 carbine match. I needed to put this gun on a diet anyway, and going back to the regular buffer saves me almost 1/3lb! It's a semi-auto gun anyway, and front-end heavy (rifle-length MRP) so I could probably do without the MGI buffer.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top