Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2005 7:52:43 PM EDT
Uhhh Tweak...  How do I get the stock off to attempt the fix mentioned earlier?   Plaese excuse my ignorance.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:51:10 AM EDT
[#1]
What type of stock.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are removing the entire stock from the lower receiver, you'll need to remove the buffer and spring, then loosen the castle nut, and unscrew the buffer tube from the lower.

If you want to remove the stock itself from the buffer tube, pull the latch down all the way and slide the stock off the tube.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:59:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Well...  Ummm  I do not know what the exact type is.  there are no markings on it it, I assume, is the type DPMS uses on their rifles.  

It looks identical to the one in the bushmaster catalog.  I believe it to be a Fiberite Six Position Telescoping Stock Assembly   I Have tried pushing the lever down all the way and I can look in the back and see the pin is still hitting the back section of the buffer tube preventing removal.

Once again please excuse my ignorance.    
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#5]
iceman got it in previous thread,to remove pull down on complete lever and slide off of ext tube.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#6]
neophyte ---I Have tried pushing the lever down all the way and I can look in the back and see the pin is still hitting the back section of the buffer tube preventing removal.

You don't push down like your adjusting it , you have to grab hold of it and pull it up and away from the stock all the way as you pull it off of the tube . Hope this helps .

Ice
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Got it!!!!!!  Thank you so much guys!!!!!!!!

It just goes to show I truly am a neophyte

Thank you for all the help!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]
WOO HOO Easy aint it!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to help .        ;>)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
So easy I feel stupid!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top