Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:08:11 PM EDT
After cleaning my Bushmaster XM15-E2S today, I am noticing some movement on the upper. This is its third cleaning. First to have the handgaurds removed. After cleaning the rifle, my brother and I struggled to get the delta ring back down, and the hand gaurds back on. Everything went back with no forcing of parts, but now I just noticed that the handgaurds, front sight, and barrel now "wiggle" back and forth about a mm or two. Anyone else seen this? I am not going to fire it until I get some competent advice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like typical upper lower  movement!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't sure since I havent experienced that so far. It moves with very little pressure. Still normal?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My two 100% reliable Ar's have the same movement,one thing you could check is separate upper and lower(UNLOADED)grab the upper receiver and FSB and twist and see if you have movement between upper receiver and the barrel.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]

.........grab the upper receiver and FSB and twist and see if you have movement between upper receiver and the barrel.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Love them cartoon illustrations,the only way to get through to us G.I.s.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My two 100% reliable Ar's have the same movement,one thing you could check is separate upper and lower(UNLOADED)grab the upper receiver and FSB and twist and see if you have movement between upper receiver and the barrel.

Appears that this is the case. Hear is what Bushie said:

" It is not unusual to have some play with the standard handguards but the barrel or front sight should not move on the upper receiver. If that is the case the barrel nut may have loosened up and would need to be retorqued to secure the barrel to the upper receiver.
           That being the case the barreled upper should be returned to us for correction under warranty by calling our Customer Service people at 1-800-883-6229 for an RMA return number. "

The store it was purchased at does not have the proper torque wrench to do it. Guess its going to Bushmaster. This is a -1 for me since this gun is only a month and a half old.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahhhhh! The fun begins!
I wonder if your FSB will be canted when you get it back.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this a common issue? My $300.00 AK is really looking nice sitting there next to my $1000.00 paper weight.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
NO! My SAR1 is suking right now.Wont run 10rds without a ftf.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top