Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:36:16 PM EDT
Hey guys.  I just cleaned by CMMG/Bushmaster M4 after about 500 rounds and found something strange. The first gas ring seems to have lost a teeny piece leaving a gap about twice as large as the other 2 rings.  The upper has a total of 1160 rounds thru it and I haver never had a single problem with it.  I put 230 round thu it today and did not have any malfunctions at all.  All I have fired thru it are XM193 ans SS109.  What could have caused this and how big of a problem is it?  Should I replace the damaged ring or just leave it alone.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I had somthing very similar happen to me and my ar kept working for about another 6 months when I started having gas tube problems which were not related.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh well, I guess I'll be ordering a new set of rings.  Which really isnt bad because it gives me an excuse to order more stuff!  After all, I cant buy JUST the rings.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top