Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:39:39 PM EDT
i have a dpms lower and cmt a4 upper. the fit is not entirely tight.  any ways to get the slop out?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
an accuwedge will help. my bushmaster lower and rra upper has a bit of slop but it shot well, im running the wedge just for the heck of it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
shoots damn well.  it will outshoot my eyes, so im happy. i dont want to use an accuwedge, thats not solving the problem, just wedging something in that shouldnt be there. i remember seeing some pins that solved the problem, but i cant find them anymore
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The fit between uppers and lowers is rarely totally tight without any movement.

It's not unusual to have a slight amount of play.

As tweak asked,  how does it shoot?

If it shoots ok, don't worry about it.

If you're worried about it, install an Accuwedge.  Although I've heard that by installing an Accuwedge, which imparts pressure on the takedown pin and the hole in the upper, that the hole will tend to deform and "ovalize" over the course of firing over a length of time.   Don't know whether this is true or not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#5]
funny, accuwedge actually advertises that it reduced wear on the parts by eliminating metal on metal impacts. It's made of soft silicone and I doubt it creates enough pressure to warp the alluminum of the lower reciever. I've even heard that Colt ( I may be completely wrong about this) ships all their new rifles with them preinstalled.

This is the source of my info: www.fulton-armory.com/AccuWedge.html
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IIRC only the Colt Accurized Rifle (CR6724)comes with an AccuWidget.

www.jprifles.com/photos/jptp.jpg

That pin?

yeah, thats the one.  i realized this weekend i fuond it in the bushmaster catalog. tweak, do you have any experience with those? do they work as advertised? or am i just pissing money away and should just shoot the damn rifle as is
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:06:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IIRC only the Colt Accurized Rifle (CR6724)comes with an AccuWidget.

www.jprifles.com/photos/jptp.jpg</a>

That pin?

yeah, thats the one.  i realized this weekend i fuond it in the bushmaster catalog. tweak, do you have any experience with those? do they work as advertised? or am i just pissing money away and should just shoot the damn rifle as is

I say shoot the damn thing BUT if you really want to try one of those pins I believe I have one in a box somewhere.  IM me and we can work something out.  BTW, I never used it, can't remember where I got or why I have it so I can't tell you if it works or not
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
an accuwedge will help. my bushmaster lower and rra upper has a bit of slop but it shot well, im running the wedge just for the heck of it.

I'd try accuwedge too!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to this thread.  Same subject........

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=252168
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top