Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:15:19 PM EDT
My bushmaster is in for some warranty work because it was having extracting problem since I got it.  They told me it take about a week before they mail it back once they recieve it.
Anybody know if they are pretty good at getting it out in a week.  I'm going crazy, it took 5 days to get there then they say 5 days to fix it and probably 5 days ups ground to get it back.  Thats almost a full month.  I'm  going INSANE.
Do you know if they email you when they sent it so you know its on the way?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
We sent one back to Bushmaster for double feed problem.  It was a brand new department rifle so they were quick to do the warranty service and got it back to us.  Rifle was gone for about 2 weeks turn around time.  Rifle worked fine after they did the service to it.  Gas key/bolt carrier assembly problem.
Hope this helps.
Rich
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
For the most part, we here at the trouble-shooting forum are knee deep in modifying or tweaking parts that we often total forget the factory should be fixing even the simplest of problems.

MJailme,
The one thing that I will suggest is before you go to all the effect of sending the rifle back; you take a minute and check the key screws (the two Allen ones) on the carrier to make sure they are tight.
Often with bushmasters, the key is loose, and the gas leak between the key and carrier is the sole problem with the rifle.  As for the problems most seen with the users, the failure to Use CLP* to both clean and lube the rifle has got to be at the top of the list.

*BreakfreeCLP is one of the many different types of CLP offered, and about the easiest one to find.

P.S.  Welcome both of you to the site.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Any type of service that requires shipping both ways takes about 2 weeks minimum.  That goes for any industry, firearms, computers, tools ect.  
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top