Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2005 1:22:58 PM EDT

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my bolt and BC.  After disassembly and cleaning today, I can barely pull the bolt forward in the bolt carrier with my fingertips, even with liberal amounts of gun oil.  Obviously it should move forward just by flicking my wrist while holding it in one hand, but it isn't.

I suspect this has something to do with my problems operating the charging handle as well.  Sometimes when I attempt to charge the weapon, the bolt gets stuck halfway, without even coming back far enough to pick up a round.

Any info or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would dis-assemble the bolt and inspect it.  Maybe something going on with the gas rings?

Give the interior of the BC a thorough inspection also.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top