Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:19:28 AM EDT
I have a CAR that has been giving me some trouble (mainly with the buffer detent and spring coming out), but was fairly easily fixable.  Last trip to the range, a buddy was shooting it, and when he got done, I noticed the bolt wasn't closed and the firing pin was jutting out.  So anyway, my bolt somehow broke, I guess when he fired the last round.

My questions are these:
1.  It's an EA rifle, does anybody know if they'll cover this, especially since I am not the original owner?  Regardless, should I contact them to let them know this happened?  Some of my AR owner friends say they've never seen anything like this happen, so I din't know if the company would want to know.

2.  Where is a good place to get a bolt?  Are any of the online places better than others?  I'm looking to spend as little money as possible.  Thanks once again to the group.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]
So how much should I expect to spend?  Average that I've seen is around $40.  Is that decent, too expensive, or something that's going to break on me?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a CAR that has been giving me some trouble (mainly with the buffer detent and spring coming out), but was fairly easily fixable.

Did you thread the buffer tube into the receiver tighter to keep the buffer retainer in place?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a CAR that has been giving me some trouble (mainly with the buffer detent and spring coming out), but was fairly easily fixable.

Did you thread the buffer tube into the receiver tighter to keep the buffer retainer in place?

Yes, eventually.  The first time it happened, the detent came out with the bolt carrier and got stuck in it, preventing it closing all the way.  I didn't realize it had come out, so I hit the forward assist, which mangled the detent beyond use.  When I got a new one and screwed the buffer tube in further, the upper wouldn't quite close so I had to file the top of the tube down to make it fit.  So now that's fine.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top