Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:58:19 PM EDT
I was at the range the weekend with a couple arfcommers and had some extractor problems with my Bushmaster xm15e2s.  I ran the beta -c with wolf with no trouble, ran a couple of 30 rounders and a 10 rounder with no trouble out of the wolf ammo.  Then switched to some winchester rounds, a lil hotter then the wolf, and it failed to eject the round.  What should my next course of action?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the extractor. Ensure it's clean. You may want to replace the spring and insert and maybe add an o-ring. Do you shoot a lot of Wolf? After a couple thousand rounds I started to have FTE problems my self.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
My home built M4gery had the same problem with Win Q3131 and PMP 55 FMJ.  No matter what I did it would not extract with either of these rounds.  I was real upset and then I tried some XM193 and it worked well.  Since then I have shot the following: Win 55JSP, Rem UMC 55 fmj, Wolf, both old stlye and new stlye, Ultramax reman. and S&B without too many problems.  When this rifle gets hot it seems to have fte problems.  I have checked the chamber and bore many times and just can't seem to find any rough spots.  Try changing your ammo first before you do anything.  Incidently, after putting close to 800 rnds through mine I can now almost run 20rnds of Q3131 through it.  Maybe it will smooth out some more on its own if I keep shooting it!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have put a couple thousand rounds of wolf through it and 200 of some winchester in the past.  Also some ss109.  Wolf and the 109 have no errors.  I tried the winchester through differmags too, same result.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you clean your rifle regularly and completely after each range session?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ohhh shit......here we go again!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes, I do a typical feild strip and clean.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolf polymer coated or laquer coated?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ohhh shit......here we go again!

Troubleshooting - gotta ask!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolf polymer coated or laquer coated?

The new stuff.  Not the gum up old kind.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Carbine or full size rifle?could be the extractor spring.I have gone 4000 rounds at times over a 2 month period without cleaning and have had no problems.Is the rifle new,brand new?was it lubed good.An AR needs a few thousand rounds through before it loosens up a bit and the parts smoothe out along with operation.Could be a rough chamber.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I am the only owner of this AR, Bought it last year in Jan.  Only changes made was a colapsable stock.  I will soon be changing the upper, changing out the flash suppressor, free float the barrel and remove the fixed iron site with a flip up and bayonette lug.  16 inch with the "Y" ( also known as the loudest mofo fs made) brake.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
What's your extractor like? Any o-rings? If not you could try the crane o-ring, or x-ring. Colt extractor springs also work very well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Does the bolt lock open after the last round?  Do the short stroke test, and also check the ejector.

Troubleshooting
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top