Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:47:21 PM EDT
I just recently bought a used AR and I have problems with jamming after about a hundred rounds.   I was wondering if anyone had any input on what the problem may be and how I could fix it.  Any advice is welcome.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just recently bought a used AR and I have problems with jamming after about a hundred rounds.   I was wondering if anyone had any input on what the problem may be and how I could fix it.  Any advice is welcome.

Yes well from your description of the problem I am 100% certain that the problem is that the rifle is jamming after a hundred rounds.

If I were you I would sell this particular rifle and buy another, see if it happens again.........
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If you clean it and it works fine for about a hundred rounds then gives you a problem with extraction untill you clean it again it may be the chamber.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you clean it and it works fine for about a hundred rounds then gives you a problem with extraction untill you clean it again it may be the chamber.

Good advice indeed but we're not sure yet whether or not this is an extraction problem.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What type of "jamming" are you experiencing. Failure to feed, failure to extract, failure to eject?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe it may be more of a problem then with the ejection of the empty round.  What happens is that after the round is fired the cartridge is caught between the bolt carrier and the ejection port.  I was told it was a gas tube problem and that it was because the carrier key was loose but even after I tighten it I would go through a couple magazines and then experience the same problem over again.  Am I kinda SOL or is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks again...

Savior
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]
PWA lower with an unknown upper.. more than likely a military surplus buy

I'm shooting Remington centerfire .223 rounds

The mags are Parsons Precision Product

The bolt does lock open after the last round (granted it didn't jam)

And I clean my rifle after every session and occasionally before I go

Sorry to be such a bother but the asses from the pawn shop I bought it from have been of little help and aren't too crazy about letting me return it.  So in short, since it seems that I'm stuck with this rifle I woulndn't mind figuring out what is wrong with it.

Savior
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Huzzahhat

Savior
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top