Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:37:07 AM EDT
Ended my range time short with a stuck case. It fired but failed to extract. It is Silver Bear (won't shoot that crap again) and the second time it's happend with this lot of .223. First time I tapped it out with an aluminum cleaning rod; this time no such luck. It's stuck tight. Any help out there? Should I spray some WD40 down the bore in the hopes of getting it between the casing and chamber wall and try to tap it out again?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Wolf case .223 get stuck towards the end of my shooting session, my AR would not extract it.
I had to tap it out with a rod? If this happened in battle, you would be screwed, break out the Beretta.
This is the first time this has happen. What causes this? The case has a mark on the rim where the extractor tried to grab it.
Please explain?

Thanks, Perry
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a cleaning rod and tap it out like the previous post mentions.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got it out.  Let it set w/some WD40 in the bore.  Went back and tapped some more after several hours - destroyed two sections of an aluminum cleaning rod in the process. Second time it has happened.  Yes, the extractor pulled off a piece of the case rim.  This has only happened with the Silver Bear ammo - not the Wolf or the AE ammo.  Silver Bear is the zinc-plated steel case - not the polymer coated case like Wolf, so there is nothing there to "melt" off and gunk up the chamber. I will run the chamber brush through it often now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Take a cleaning rod and tap it out like the previous post mentions.

Maybe I let it get too dirty. I took it out and out 300 rnds through it, then the next weekend I did the three gun match. I took it out today and put another 300 through it thats when it jammed.
When I took it apart to clean it, the bolt and cam pin seemed dry or sticky.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeh, I got it home and used the chamber brush, its the only way to get in their and get the gunk.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
use it more often when shooting steel case ammunition

Will do.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top