Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2005 3:35:11 AM EDT
Just thought I'd pass this along.

I have a Surefire Executive E1 flashlight that has the round style bezel.  When I rebarrel my uppers, I use this light as a sighting device to see whether the sights line up properly.  This flashlight is the exact diameter of the bolt carrier and will slide right down to the front of the receiver.  It will project a point of light out of the barrel that I can point at a wall with a right angle to see how close my sights line up with the barrel.  This saves me quite a bit of time when I don't have to make multiple trips to the gun range.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:45:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Essentially the same as removing the upper, taking the b/bc/ch out benching the upper and sighting thru the bore to adjust a scope or red-dot. (probably more accurate than your flashlight method)

Just as one would do when removing the bolt outta your 700 or Savage bolt rifles, eyeballin ain't nothing new........

Mike
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Another way is to use barrel blocks instead of receiver blocks for the install.  With barrel blocks, you can bore sight the barrel as you do the install.  I sight in on an object 1/2 mile away, and the sights are near dead nuts on when I get to the range.  This method is right out of the army TM on the M16.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Another way is to use barrel blocks instead of receiver blocks for the install.  With barrel blocks, you can bore sight the barrel as you do the install.  I sight in on an object 1/2 mile away, and the sights are near dead nuts on when I get to the range.  This method is right out of the army TM on the M16.

Unfortunately, I only have the upper receiver block.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Essentially the same as removing the upper, taking the b/bc/ch out benching the upper and sighting thru the bore to adjust a scope or red-dot. (probably more accurate than your flashlight method)

Just as one would do when removing the bolt outta your 700 or Savage bolt rifles, eyeballin ain't nothing new........

Mike

Nope.  Nothing new.  Just thought you might find it interesting that the E1 is the same diameter os the bolt carrier.  I did.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#6]
They also have expensive lasers but I like your flashlight idea.

Eyeballing isn't very convenient.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top