Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2005 10:33:00 AM EDT
I have a new dissapator that is shooting 14 inches high at 25 yards.  I have the front sight post down as far as it will go, the rifle groups well, but I dont' have enough front sight adjustment to bring it down.  anyone have any ideas or had this happen to them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#1]
you rase the front sight to lower your point of impact.

the front sight works just the opposite of the rear sight.

you should have more than inough adjustment to bring it down.

rotate the front sight untill the top of the base is level with the top of the front sight base. Go from there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
i was gonna say the front sight goes oppisit of the correction you want to make. lower the point of impact  raise the front sight. raise the point of impact lower the front sight. at least this way all you have to do is aim center mass to make head shots.lol just kidding.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I put "down" but I meant up.  I have moved the front sight "up" past the point where the detent ball is catching, and it is still fourteen inches high.  I have never had this problem on any other AR I've owned.  Thanks for the replies though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
hmm

is the rear sight all the way down. If its a detachable carrying handel make shure its seatted flush and not cocked.

Are there copper streaks on the Flash Suppressor any where. is the crown in good shape.
What type of ammo are you using?

is the barrel bent?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top