Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 1:41:16 PM EDT
I've got a Colt with a staked castle nut on the backside by the lower receiver. I posted in another forum and they recommended cutting it off. I really prefer not to have to cut it. Are there any other ways to remove the stakes and just take the castle nut off with telestock wrench?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Dremil cut off tool to romve the stake.  If you try to tread it off, it strips the hell out of the treads.

P.S.  I think Tweak just mans up and spins them off. If the stake is not too deep, it doesn't do too much damage to the threads ( I have never luck out yet with a light staking yet, and just replace the castle nut to prevent damage to the threads).
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Use the proper wrench and turn the damn thing lefty-loosey.

Staking aint that strong, just enough to keep the thing from working loose.

rvb
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Use the proper wrench and turn the damn thing lefty-loosey.

Staking aint that strong, just enough to keep the thing from working loose.

rvb

+1.  Just unscrew the damn thing.  The stake doesnt go to the threads......  

Just takes a little more "ummphh" to bust it loose.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top