Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 11:38:19 AM EDT
First shot reslted in a failure to extract. New barrel, new B/BC, SP1 upper, gunsmith assembled.
Ammo was Winchester Q3131 circa 1994.
So what happened, rough chamber, short headspace, operator headspace?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#1]
From the picture of the brass, it looks like your chamber is rough.  Looks like the brass expanded in the chamber and stuck.  Maybe it's just the picture.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree,  looks like a rough chamber.  

Look at the "ring" on the brass in the second pic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
From the picture of the brass, it looks like your chamber is rough.  Looks like the brass expanded in the chamber and stuck.  Maybe it's just the picture.

That is what i thought also, the brass is rough on all sides just as in the picture. So how do I go about polishing the chamber?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
some ideas emailed
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Parrandero, hope you don't mind me piggy backing your thread but I just got my M4 back from JT yesterday and I had a new Wilson chrome lined 16" bbl installed and I had the same problem today with ripping the brass like shown in your pic. It didn't do it for the first 30-60 rds but the next 20 it did almost every round and then the last 30 it did fine. I thought it was my brass which was a mixture of reloads and new winchester white box from wal-mart (go figure), but I have never had this problem until today.

What's the likelyhood of this just being bad brass?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top