Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2004 10:23:24 AM EDT
Just built another M4 on a RRA lower and Model1Sales M4 upper.  I've built seven other AR's using RRA receivers and various Model1 kits with no problems.

This one, however, stumps me.  On the very frist outing, BOTH pins would walk out to the right after 15 rounds or so.  I can certainly install some anti-walk pins and fix it..I'm just wondering what the cause is.  Could the hammer and trigger springs be weak?

FCG is M1Sales, as are all my others.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#1]
same thing happened to my DPMS when I changed out the trigger and hammer spring.  At first, I thought I had the pins in backward and the little recessed ring wasn't engaging the leg of the hammer spring...I had just got my trigger pull where I want it, and decided to forget about troubleshooting it any further, so I stuck with the anti-walk pins
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If your J spring/pin is present, its REAL hard for the hammer pin to walk.  I have gotten hammers before where they left this out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
well it's there.  I just don't get it.  I think it's possible the pin holes may be a bit out of spec as could be the pins.  I just purchased a set of the KNS anti-walk pins to fix the problem once and for all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:42:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top